With Windows Media Center, you can watch and record live TV on your computer. The TV signals and programming that you can watch and record depend on the following:
- The type of TV tuner (or TV tuners) that are connected to or installed in your computer. A TV tuner is required to watch and record TV in Media Center. The type of signal that you have connected to your TV tuner..
- The type of signals that you can receive at your location.
- The country or region in which you live and the broadcasting standard that is used.
- The type of TV programming that you subscribe to from your cable or satellite provider.
- Your TV cable or satellite provider.
- The system resources available on your computer. This includes system resources, such as processor speed, memory, and video card capabilities, as well as available card slots and USB ports. (continue reading…)